Leadership Givers raise their hands to help others
United Way’s Leadership Givers come from a variety of backgrounds, cultures and career paths. Some are new to the region and looking to get plugged into the community. Others have always called St. Louis home. Some are executives in their fields; others are launching their careers.
But they all have one thing in common: They want to make a difference in their community and help make it the best it can be.
By partnering with United Way of Greater St. Louis, this growing group of more than 7,000 community-minded individuals has the strong partner they need to make a difference on a much larger scale. Through a gift of $1,000 or more, Leadership Givers make our community safer, healthier and better equipped to take on the future.
And with United Way, members’ support joins with our network of more than 160 local nonprofits helping here. “United Way is a single organization for me to engage and support a variety of nonprofits that are focused on providing healthcare, education and supporting children and women in need in the region,” said Bhavani Amirthalingam, 2021 Multicultural Leadership Society chair and senior vice president and chief digital information officer at Ameren Services.
Additionally, Leadership Giving members engage with other leaders shaping our community. This includes special events, networking events, cultural events, group volunteer opportunities and more.
“One of the amazing benefits of being involved with the Men’s Leadership Society is getting to work with other like-minded individuals who are active in the community,” said Keith Williamson, 2021 Men’s Leadership Society co-chair and president of Centene’s Charitable Foundation.
Members are also eligible to join one or more Leadership Giving affinity groups:
- Charmaine Chapman Leadership Society recognizes and engages Black leaders throughout the Greater St. Louis region. Helping here for more than 25 years, it has grown into one of the top philanthropic programs for Black leaders in the nation.
- Men’s Leadership Society brings together like-minded philanthropists to create a unique community dedicated to making Greater St. Louis a better place for all.
- Multicultural Leadership Society engages and unites individuals from all cultures, celebrating our region’s diversity and shared heritage.
- Women’s Leadership Society provides a way for women to connect through philanthropy and shared goals while impacting our region.
For Leadership Givers, coming together means more than networking – it means making a meaningful impact on 1 in 3 people in the region.
“In a time of my life when I didn’t expect it, my family benefited from the services of a United Way partner nonprofit,” said Neil Hershey, a Men’s Leadership Society member and financial advisor at Edward Jones. “A gift to United Way ripples deeply throughout our communities for the better.”
“I think we all want to make a meaningful difference and have an everlasting impact,” said Michelle Ko, a Women’s Leadership Society member and past co-chair for the Society. “As a Society member, I had the opportunity to come together with other like-minded servant leaders and philanthropists to enable greater impact and cultivate long-lasting relationships.”
And by supporting United Way, you are helping here.
Take action now:
- Learn more about getting involved with Leadership Giving.
- Share this with your family and friends and encourage them to join you in Helping Here!