By bringing people and organizations together to solve our region’s most pressing issues, United Way of Greater St. Louis is making our community a better place to live, work, and thrive. It’s more than a day job. It’s a mission. Come work with us!
The Marketing division works across the organization to ensure a comprehensive approach to digital communications, sets strategy, and implements plans for United Way’s online communications and interactions. The individual in this role will work under the direction of the Vice President of Communications to plan, develop, and execute all marketing/communications strategies and manage marketing projects, including fundraising and donor engagement efforts, for United Way’s United Young Leaders Group, Leadership Giving Societies and de Tocqueville Society.
The Marketing Manager will shape and implement a communications strategy that supports and extends marketing initiatives, developing strategies for Society events which support overall revenue generation, brand, and marketing goals. The successful candidate will have a proven track record of using creative thinking and problem-solving skills to create compelling and thoughtful content that engages the audience and the ability to develop processes and track metrics, including email, web, and social analytics.
The position includes:
- Writing and editing email and letter copy for donor communications, including solicitations, newsletters, event invitations, and volunteer opportunities
- Developing and implementing social media strategies
- Collaborating with others, including team members, outside supporters, and key volunteers, to ensure success of all Society events
- Occasional evening and weekend participation is involved, including attending events to assist with on-site needs, including but not limited to setup and cleanup, registration, photography, and speaker coordination
- This role does not have any direct reports
- Experience and knowledge of Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop preferred
- Working closely with marketing team and continually assessing strategy of ongoing efforts
- Using creative thinking and problem-solving skills to create compelling and thoughtful content that engages the audience.
If you have excellent written and verbal skills, exceptional and proven ability to manage relationships, processes, and deadlines to meet project objectives, and a thorough understanding and knowledge of social media platforms, including Facebook and LinkedIn, we would like to hear from you.
Bachelor’s degree in journalism, marketing, communication, public relations, or similar field, with a minimum of three years of experience in the marketing and communications field, preferred. Must be proficient in Microsoft Office suite and database and CRM applications.
Due to the pandemic, United Way of Greater St Louis supports employees working from home or remote offices until June 30th, 2021.
To apply, please submit your resume and/or cover letter to Careers@stl.unitedway.org.
Employment is contingent upon passing a screening for illegal drug use.
United Way of Greater St. Louis is an Equal Opportunity Employer.