Corporate Accounts Manager (part-time position)
The Resource Generation division is responsible for raising the funds necessary for United Way of Greater St. Louis to meet its mission of helping people live their best possible lives. All Resource Generation team members are committed to providing high quality prospecting, cultivating, service delivery and stewardship of donors to make their giving easy, impactful and personally meaningful.
The Corporate Accounts Manager plays an essential role in the division’s efforts through the effective and efficient management of leadership society cabinets and volunteers, as well as the implementation of year-round engagement processes for a portfolio of individual donors.
The hours for this position are 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. three days per week.
- Participate in the identification, recruitment, orientation and training of all levels of volunteers.
- Manage assigned volunteers and cabinets, assisting with goal setting and, in conjunction with Data and Research Specialists, monitor reports for actual and projected progress to goal.
- Review and finalize donor data, progress reports, and mailing lists, ensuring accuracy and comprehensiveness.
- Implement year-round engagement and service delivery plan to deepen United Way’s relationship with assigned portfolio of individual donors.
- Oversee, directly supervise, and guide team of Campaign Representatives (part-time, seasonal employees).
- Establish positive relationships with related internal partners, corporate, charitable, civic, community and government organizations, providing accurate and quality customer service and information to external clients and stakeholders for all inquiries.
- Attend all appropriate events, providing day-of and follow-up assistance as required.
- Participate in annual action planning, including the development of donor segmentation, research and engagement planning to increase retention and annual giving and the development of processes to ensure collaboration, integration and alignment of Resource Generation teams and shared service partners across United Way.
- Ensure consistent implementation, and recommend improvements, of up-to-date policies and processes for areas of responsibility.
- Continually research and share opportunities, best practices, trends and benchmark data to inform United Way and its efforts to attract, retain and engage donors.
- Actively participate in identified opportunities for professional growth, including supervisory and team meetings, trainings, and organization-wide events.
- Contribute to the overall success of the United Way by performing other essential duties and responsibilities as assigned.
All work contributes to the attainment of the following strategic plan initiatives:
- Clearly articulate and communicate UW’s value proposition.
- Cultivate and engage HNW donors to deepen their UW relationship and giving through donor advised funds, major gifts and planned giving.
- Guide individuals to help them achieve their personal social responsibility goals.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, sales, communications, or nonprofit management; or equivalent, in job-related areas is required
- 1-2 years of experience in sales or fundraising is preferred
- Specific knowledge of best practices in individual donor service delivery, engagement and retention
- Experience working with individuals to meet their community engagement needs
- Demonstrated ability to gather, analyze and summarize data for use in planning, service delivery and continuous quality improvement efforts
- Strong strategic, analytical and critical thinking skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Understanding and supportive of United Way and its philosophy, goals and role in the community
- Team oriented with a commitment to fostering strong, productive, working relationships with all staff, volunteers, and the overall community
- Ability to efficiently and accurately work under time and performance pressure
- Projects and maintains a positive and professional attitude
- Demonstrated commitment to meeting the both expressed and unmet needs of internal and external clients
- Demonstrated decision-making ability based on excellent judgement applied within the context of operating policies and processes and organizational values
- Hold self and others accountable for high quality, timely, and effective results
- Comfort in a fast paced, rapidly shifting and evolving workplace
- Work well independently and within teams as a member and/or leader
- Innovative and open to exploring and implementing new ideas
- Demonstrated understanding of diversity, equity, and inclusionary practices
- High level of integrity with demonstrated ability to exercise tact and good judgment
- Ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize tasks in a matrixed organization structure
- Excellent follow-up and follow-through skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and demonstrated ability to learn new technology applications
Submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com.