Director, West Region
We are currently seeking a Director in our West Region. This position is responsible for the implementation of the United Way of Greater St. Louis mission and strategy in the West Region, to include West St. Louis, St. Charles, Lincoln and Warren Counties. This position is responsible for fostering and maintaining positive, engaging relationships with corporate partners, board members, volunteers and community stakeholders.
This position is responsible for securing support of corporations, individuals and foundations and analyzing and evaluating strengths and weaknesses of past workplace and leadership giving campaigns to affect improvement going forward.
The Director has responsibilities in the identification, recruitment, orientation and training of all levels of volunteers. This position will also manage relationships with a prospect list of donors and develop a fundraising strategy for each. The Director implements leadership giving in coordination with organizational strategies.
In addition, this position is responsible for the day to day management and operation of the West Region office including providing oversight for the annual operating budget.
- Develop strategic partnerships to advance the role of United Way as a key partner on all matters pertaining to health and human services in the Region.
- Help key companies achieve corporate social responsibility, community engagement and campaign goals.
- Keep all internal and external stakeholders up to date on information that affects the campaign and United Way’s impact in the community.
- Compile research data and prepare statistical reports and analysis. Responsible for accuracy of data maintained in computer/files in areas of responsibility, as well as for reviewing other fundraising and campaign programs and participate in the development of new or modified techniques for use by United Way. May participate in a project either as part of a department team or in a matrix staff structure.
- Represent United Way at community functions; Participate in some evening and weekend events.
- Attend relevant meetings in other parts of the United Way of Greater St. Louis service area.
- Manage daily operations of the West Region office including preparation and monitoring of the annual budget in conjunction with the Chief Administrative Officer; supervise and coordinate the work of employees who work in the West Region office.
- Maintain partnerships with United Way funded agencies and other non-profits in the region.
- Contribute to the overall success of the United Way by performing other essential duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Achieve increased visibility, awareness, and recognition of impact of United Way in the region by serving as the lead United Way representative in the West Region and participating in the activities of regionally based organizations and initiatives.
- Serves the organization as an advisor on matters pertaining to the West Region, communicating the needs and assets, issues and civic opportunities in organizations and initiatives based in the West Region to other departments of the organization.
- Recruit, develop and maintain an engaged Auxiliary Board of Directors that serves as an extension of the overall United Way Board, provides leadership to the regional office, and helps achieve the United Way Mission.
- Monitor and provide leadership, as needed, for workplace campaign in assigned division. May be tasked with managing West Region Campaign Chair; monitor division progress and project anticipated results.
- Assist in the improvement of internal and external processes, keeping them in line with our strategic plan, mission, and needs of the campaign.
- Fosters a highly collaborative and accountable environment with staff and encourages staff to participate in professional development opportunities.
- Incorporate metrics in analyzing progress towards goals.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- College degree in job-related area
- 2-4 years of experience in leading a team
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience in job-related area
- Extensive ties to the community would be beneficial
- Demonstrate an understanding of United Way and its philosophy, goals and role in the community
- Strong relationship, project management and customer service skills
- Knowledge and familiarity with political, social, and economic environment of the geographical area is desirable
- Prior fundraising experience is preferred. Background in a community organization and/or social services or general business experience involving personal contacts
- Demonstrate ability to supervise and motivate staff
- Ability to work with diverse populations and motivate volunteers
- Demonstrated ability to maintain high-level and consistent work ethic in working relationships and all work related duties
- Excellent organizational and time management abilities – must be able to prioritize and manage numerous projects and have attention to detail
- Demonstrate poise, tact, diplomacy, and good judgment when handling difficult, sensitive and confidential situations
- Some analytical ability is required in order to gather and summarize data for reports
- Proficient in using Microsoft Excel and Word to produce professional reports and documents
Submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Employment is contingent upon passing a screening for illegal drug use.