Volunteer Center Logistics Specialist (part-time position)
The Volunteer Center’s Service2Go program offers a variety of assembly style projects that can be completed at a location of the client’s choosing.
The Volunteer Center Logistic Specialist (part time) plays an essential role in the success and growth of the Service2Go program through reliable, accurate efficient inventory and volunteer coordination. The Volunteer Center Logistic Specialist will be responsible for ensuring that all products are ordered, sorted and ready for the event staff. Additionally, this role will recruit and lead groups of volunteers to aid in the sorting of products as appropriate. The weekly work schedule for this role will be an average of 20-30 hours with the potential to have full-time hours with in the year depending on the Service2Go project calendar. Occasional weeknights and weekends may be required depending on volunteer groups and project calendar.
- Perform physical inventory and cycle counts to maintain accuracy.
- Maintain and update inventory records.
- Organize and sort inventory as needed.
- Order all products needed for upcoming projects.
- Track and manage the ordered product.
- Help develop inventory systems for future growth.
- Obtain timely approval of invoices and code and enter invoices accurately.
- Create and update volunteer program materials (job descriptions, policies, procedures, handbook, etc.)
- Lead the identification, recruitment, orientation and training of volunteers
- Oversee volunteer group activities.
- Analyze feedback and volunteer insights to implement effective retention strategies.
- Periodically attend Serivce2Go projects.
- Contribute to the overall success of United Way by performing other essential duties as requested.
All work contributes to the attainment of the following strategic plan initiatives:
- Clearly articulate and communicate UW’s value proposition.
- Partner with companies/organizations to achieve philanthropic and community engagement goals.
- Increase the value and visibility of the Volunteer Center for corporate and community clients.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to take direction and/or work independently as needed.
- Strong organizational skills including excellent follow-up and follow-through.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize tasks in a matrixed organization structure.
- Must be able to maintain professionalism and a positive demeanor when engaging with volunteers, donors and other stakeholders
- Team oriented with a commitment to fostering strong, productive working relationships with all staff, volunteers and the overall community.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and demonstrated ability to learn new technology applications.
- Valid driver’s license with good driving record
- Ability to drive minivan to travel to local venues 35-40% of time for projects or to pick up products, as needed.
- High school diploma or GED required. Associate degree or comparable experience preferred.
- 2-3 years of experience in logistics coordination preferred;
- 1-2 years of volunteer organizing preferred.
- Ability to lift 25lbs on a consistent basis,
- Ability to open and breakdown cardboard boxes.
- Ability to work both in office environment and outdoors as venue requires
- Availability to work occasional nights and weekends as required
- Ability to adapt in a fast-paced, rapidly shifting and evolving workplace.
- Innovative and open to exploring and implementing new ideas.
- High level of integrity with demonstrated ability to exercise tact and good judgment.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain high-level and consistent work ethic in all assigned duties.
- Understanding and supportive of United Way and its philosophy, goals and role in the community.
Please submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.