Administrative Coordinator – Community Impact
By bringing people and organizations together to solve our region’s most pressing issues, United Way of Greater St. Louis is making our community a better place to live, work, and thrive. It’s more than a day job – it’s a mission! Come work with us!
The Community Impact Division is responsible for leading the strategic investment of United Way’s financial and non-financial resources to create the greatest possible impact in helping improve outcomes for individuals and families and achieving community-level change. Essential to this work is developing, adopting, and implementing plans to make progress in the community based on an understanding of community needs.
The Administrative Coordinator – Community Impact provides effective and efficient administrative support and coordination to a team of leaders with responsibilities to the Chief Impact Officer, who leads the Community Impact Division, which is comprised of 2-1-1/Community Response, Community Impact, Capacity Building, Data & Evaluation, Collective Impact, Public Affairs and Volunteer Center.
The individual in the role of Administrative Coordinator is responsible for maintaining a large volume of information, meeting preparation and scheduling, and ensuring timely and accurate responses to inquiries and communications, while providing excellent customer service to internal and external stakeholders, including providing general administrative support to various Vice Presidents within the department as requested. This role also partners with other Administrative Coordinators and Assistants within the organization.
This position includes:
- Providing meeting and event support on site and off site
- Developing and maintaining filing and record keeping system, continually seeking to improve administrative functions through process improvement
- Prepares invoices and check requisitions, award letters, and necessary spreadsheets for tracking
- Ensuring that key issues are addressed and that important information is provided quickly and effectively to achieve desired results
- Assists with travel arrangements
- Conducts research and data entry and prepares reports producing timely and accurate research, data, reports, and projects to responsible staff persons
- Manages mailings for the division, including letters and emails
- Pulls reports and documentation from database
- Keeps inventory of office supplies and places orders for replenishment
- Provides backup to organization’s Receptionist as scheduled
- Accountable for the accuracy and timeliness of division’s administrative support and coordination
If you have two to three years of relevant administrative experience in a similar role, high school diploma/GED (required), a proven ability to provide excellent customer service internally and externally, are proficient in MS Office (Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.), and have a proven ability to work collaboratively with a wide range of stakeholders, while adapting to a rapidly changing and organic environment – we want to hear from you!
Due to the pandemic, United Way of Greater St. Louis supports employees working from home or remote offices until June 30th, 2021.
United Way of Greater St. Louis offers an extensive benefit program including generous time off, health, dental, and vision insurance, short- and long-term disability, and a 403(b) plan.
To apply, please submit your resume and/or cover letter to Careers@stl.unitedway.org.
Employment is contingent upon passing a screening for illegal drug use.
United Way of Greater St. Louis is an Equal Opportunity Employer.