Qualified Charitable Distribution

IRA holders age 70.5 or older can gift up to $100,000 per year from their IRA to charity, tax-free, with a qualified charitable distribution (QCD).


Even required minimum distributions (RMDs) from your IRA can be gifted. If you don’t need your RMD, gifting it directly to United Way can offer you substantial tax savings and make a big impact on the community!


To make a qualified charitable distribution to United Way, submit a distribution request to your IRA custodian, asking that the money be transferred directly to United Way of Greater St. Louis. If a check is issued, the check should be made payable to United Way of Greater St. Louis.

Legal name: United Way of Greater St. Louis, Inc.
Federal tax ID number: 43-0714167
Address: 910 N. 11th Street, St. Louis, MO 63101

Please note that in order for your gift to be tax-free, the money must go directly from your IRA to United Way. If you first receive the distribution and then send the money to United Way, you must recognize the distribution as income.

Please complete the form below to inform United Way of your QCD so we can appropriately acknowledge your support.

Contact Information

Find Your Form

Easily find your IRA custodian’s distribution request form with this free tool.

Search Today


More ways to give while maximizing your community impact.

Learn More
United Way does not provide tax, legal or accounting advice. This material is for informational purposes only and should not be relied on for tax, legal or accounting advice. Please consult with your own tax, legal and accounting advisors before engaging in any transaction.