2019 ASSET Program Grants
United Way is seeking applications for new and returning grant partners that have the capacity and desire to implement the ASSET program at their agencies.
ASSET is a multi-pronged financial empowerment program for families with young children. It provides support to those struggling financially by combining goal setting, financial education, credit building, and financial coaching with a monetary incentive to save.
To apply, agencies must be nonprofit organizations that serve low-income families with children at a social service agency, Head Start, and/or non-profit childcare center, in St. Louis City, St. Louis County, Jefferson County, St. Charles County, Madison County or St. Clair County.
Awarded agencies will receive a program grant of up to $5,000 to implement this financial empowerment program for families with young children. Agencies will receive $2,500 to support a class of 12-15 participants or $5,000 for two classes of 12-15 participants each. The grant is intended to fund staff and program supports to help clients overcome obstacles to participation such as providing a light dinner and/or snacks, transportation, childcare and financial education incentives.
Agencies interested in applying for funds must complete the application and email it along with any relevant attachments to Ingrid.firstname.lastname@example.org by June 28, 2019 at 5 p.m. Late and incomplete applications will not be considered.
An information session for this grant will be held on June 5. RSVP here.
Agencies that are NOT United Way member agencies must also submit the following with their application (email a PDF attachment of these items):
- Current Proof of 501(c)(3) Status
- Current Federal Form 990
- Certificate of Corporate Good Standing
- Agency policy on compliance with USA Patriot Act and other counterterrorism laws
- Agency policy for background checks, including child abuse and neglect screenings
- Agency policy on non-discrimination
- Agency policy on privacy protection practices (HIPAA)
- Board of Directors Roster
- Financial Information detailed below:
- Agencies with total annual budget above $100,000 need to provide most current Audited Financial Statements and Management Letter prepared by independent auditor
- Agencies with total annual budget below $100,000 must supply unaudited financial statements that include both a balance sheet and an income statement for their last two fiscal years
Agencies will be notified by July 12, 2019 of funding decisions. For questions, please contact Ingrid Deetz at email@example.com or 314-539-4157.