By bringing people and organizations together to solve our region’s most pressing issues, United Way of Greater St. Louis is making our community a better place to live, work, and thrive. It’s more than a day job. It’s a mission. Come work with us!
The Social Media Specialist works under the direction of the Director of Digital Engagement within the Marketing department to help develop and execute social media strategy and posts for United Way of Greater St Louis and its family of brands, such as United Way 2-1-1 and the Volunteer Center. The successful candidate will develop, implement and manage social media strategy, staying up-to-date with the latest social media best practices and technologies. This role will plan, create, publish and share new content (including original text, images, video, etc.) on a basis that builds meaningful connections with our community, increases brand awareness and encourages our community to engage with United Way of Greater St Louis and get involved.
To be successful in this position the individual will:
- Engage with the community and respond to messages and comments
- Set up and optimize posts within each platform to increase the visibility of United Way’s social content
- Plan and set up ad campaigns on Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn to generate brand awareness and other campaign goals
- Manage the United Way Brand Ambassador program, including finding new ambassadors, working with current ones, and creating new content that aligns with United Way/ambassador for them to share
- Moderate and find user-generated content to utilize on social channels
- Collaborate with internal teams to spotlight various company activities, including volunteer opportunities, corporate spotlights, community spotlights, and more
- Create and utilize UTM links for tracking trends within the audience
- Capture, analyze, and maintain appropriate social data/metrics, insights and best practices to measure the success of social campaigns and refine future campaigns
- Take photos at events for social posts and recaps
- Provide editing and writing support when needed, may include newsletter, emails, site copy, and others
This role requires a minimum of one year relevant experience and exceptional writing skills for media, B2B, B2C, and AP style. Bachelor’s degree in journalism, marketing, communication, public relations or similar field preferred, along with strong project management, analytical, and organizational skills. Experience using Google Analytics, Canva and Adobe Creative Suite preferred but not required. Being comfortable with being in front of the camera for social media spots and representing the brand and basic photography skills required. Experience using Social Studio (Salesforce) is a plus. Comfort building and maintaining relationships with corporate and agency partners is required.
If you can create compelling social copy and visuals designed to communicate a specific call to action and engage audiences on their journeys, and have experience in editing and writing; we’d like to hear from you.
To apply, please submit your resume and/or cover letter to Careers@stl.unitedway.org.
Employment is contingent upon passing a screening for illegal drug use.
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 situation, our employees have the option of working in the office or remotely. In the future, it is anticipated employees will be working in a hybrid environment.
United Way of Greater St. Louis is an Equal Opportunity Employer