2-1-1 Missouri and Southwest Illinois is a 24-hour comprehensive information and referral service available to residents of Missouri and Southwest Illinois that connects people to community resources. The 2-1-1 Navigation Center Team Leader position is responsible for providing quality and efficient customer service to customers through the daily management of a team of 2-1-1 Navigators to include support for hiring, motivating, recognizing and rewarding, coaching, counseling, training, and problem solving.
Supports the Navigation Center in all functions of inbound/outbound inquiries via all service channels 50% of the time and uses the remaining 50% to mentor employees who receive telephone calls, emails, text messaging and/or web chats from clients seeking help. Assists the 2-1-1 manager with the daily activity of call center floor management, including quality assurance, training and coaching. Ensures metrics are met for service level, adherence and timeliness are met. Maintains professional decorum and performs a variety of tasks and requires creativity and out-of-the-box thinking to achieve results.
- Strong knowledge of 2-1-1 systems and technology within the Navigation Center and cross-training across business units
- Provides prompt, accurate, concise and courteous responses to employee and customer inquiries.
- Provides quality service at every encounter.
- Maintains training/resource information staying abreast of changing policies/procedures.
- Exhibits strong organizational, follow up skills and ability to prioritize.
- Position may require a varying work schedule to meet demands.
- Provide phone coverage as available during peak volumes. Demonstrates high level of multi-tasking and troubleshooting skills.
- Identify, investigate, respond and resolve customer/client concerns by interacting with internal resources and follow up with resolution within authority
- Provide technical support as needed to help trouble shoot
- Provides training, technical guidance and support to increase quality client service
- Is primary person responsible for training new hires; Conducts in-department training to increase overall knowledge and productivity of staff. Develops and motivates staff to enhance sales skills and techniques to ensure member retention and satisfaction.
- Coach, mentor and train new and current team members.
- Serves as a technical resource in the resolution of complex problems and issues
- May assist management with pulling reports and analyzing information.
- Assist with escalated client concerns and employee related transactions.
- Participates in the employee quarterly performance assessments and performance appraisals and call observations.
- Encourages and supports employees to exercise decision making authority that is given to them by encouraging them to make judgments and decisions in the best interest of the client and the Untied Way /2-1-1 by always doing the right thing.
- Actively participates in Lead Team meetings to discuss process improvements and procedure changes to identify and eliminate inefficiency. May join a process team to execute and implement enhancements.
- Assumes supervisory duties of the department in the absence of the department manager.
- Coach and mentor team members to meet/exceed team and individual goals on Quality Assurance, Accuracy, Call Handling, Service Level, etc.
- Achieve an average of 95% or higher on overall call quality indicators
- Meet or exceed benchmark goals to include: Average Handle Time (AHT) is 6 to 10 minutes on average per month; working rate is 78% or more per month; average documentation accuracy of 99% or better per month; log an average of 98%-102% of inquiries handled; accurately and appropriately schedule follow ups with eligible calls
- Meet/exceed department attendance goals monthly
- Able to work in fast pace evolving environment
- Able to adapt to changing work environment based on schedule and or resource constraints
- Maintains department security and confidentiality by ensuring all sensitive information is kept secure including all personal passwords, dual control keys, and anything pertaining to member confidentiality.
- Able to build and maintain relationship with employees at every level of the organization
- Receptive to new and changes in policy, procedures, lending systems, etc.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; or comparable High School Diploma with 3+ years experienced in social service and/or call center environment.
- A broad knowledge of 2-1-1 services preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of PC’s/MAC’s, operating systems, browsers, and network and database usage/software programs is required.
- Ability to remain calm in stressful situations. Ability to critically think and come up with solutions to any related issues that arise daily.
- Must be able to move in and out of multiple systems quickly and efficiently. Ability to use Word for Windows, Excel, and other Microsoft Office applications, as well as the ability to learn new applications quickly; requires general knowledge of network and database use.
- To perform this job, the employee must possess strong interpersonal skills, good phone and e-mail etiquette, a professional presentation, and a high degree of personal initiative.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and solid attendance records are a plus.
Self-starter; ability to complete multiple tasks and a high volume of work
- High level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations. Position continually requires demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy
- Work requires exceptional attention to detail composing, typing and proofing materials, establishing priorities and meeting deadlines
- Must successfully complete AIRS Certified Information and Referral Specialist (CIRS) exam within 18 months of employment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- High level of accuracy w/strong analytical skills.
Please submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com.