The Director of the 2-1-1 Navigation Center is responsible for the strategic planning and execution of all Navigation Center operations. Core duties include management and leadership of processes for the continuous improvement of the customer experience. Tactical emphasis is on customer responsiveness, quality management, workforce planning, recruiting, coaching and training. Performance metrics include call efficiency, staffing utilization, acceptable turnover, and financial performance. A commitment to excellence is demonstrated through continuous staff development programs enhancing employee engagement, service, knowledge, skills, and morale.
The Director of the 2-1-1 Navigation Center executes the vision for the operation insuring the Contact Center and its supporting functions meet customer and organizational needs 24/7. The successful Director is continually engaged in leading and inspiring the team in developing and documenting best practices in the performance of all duties and responsibilities.
The Director’s success is measured by the organization’s ability to provide high quality services while implementing new service lines, meeting Service Level Agreements (SLA), improving multi-channel contact performance, increased use of resources and adaptation of new proven technologies to increase efficiency, and achievement of metrics. The leader in this role actively contributes to the overall operational targets of United Way as well as the daily business decisions.
Responsible for executing functions to ensure meeting or exceeding departmental or contractual service levels and accreditation requirements; executes on contracts to advance the mission and focus of the Community Response Department and United Way. Oversees and coordinates operations through supervisors, program managers and functional teams. General responsibilities include forecasting and workforce scheduling, evaluating workflow, evaluating quality and identifying opportunities for continuous improvement in the following:
- Provide strong, dynamic leadership that mentors, develops, and guides team members to efficiently leverage the value of every contact or interaction
- Implements and reviews policies and operating structure of the contact center. Sets standards and guidelines for customer interactions. Monitors the interactions to ensure that the expectations of the agency customers and community beneficiaries are met
- Responsible for supporting the development and administration of annual department budget to attain business goals with operational stability
- Deliver results against a defined scope of work that includes measurable ROI, strategic innovation, performance reporting, and human capital development
- Maintains and improves call center operations by monitoring system performance; identifying and resolving problems; preparing and completing action plans; completing system audits and analyses; managing system and process improvement and quality assurance programs
- Proven experience managing metrics, ensuring customer satisfaction, and reporting statistical performance levels related to Call Centers
- Analyzes operations of the Navigation Center and oversees any efficiency improvements
- Develop and maintain effective organization of responsibility, including efficient recruiting, training, coaching, recognition, workflow patterns, performance standards, delineation of duties and responsibilities, staffing levels and supervision
- Coordinate analytic, strategic and technical resources to meet client expectations and insure satisfaction
- Manage and expand client and coworker relationships
- Support, find and close new revenue opportunities
- Insure compliance with regulatory agency and accreditation guidelines and standards
- Ability to lead, motivate and direct activities of other employees in order to achieve objectives, project schedules and team goals and to complete assignments within established time frames and specifications.
- Manage and motivate team to meet/exceed performance goals.
- Responsible for hiring, selection and onboarding of individual team members
- Responsible for supervision, coaching, monitoring, training, reviewing and performance manage of assigned staff team
- Ability to support a multi-level team in a 247/365 environment
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor of Science degree or higher required
- Minimum 5 years of Call Center/Contact Center management experience
- Effective leadership and analytical skills including working knowledge of financial statement analysis, staffing models, scheduling, and telecom opportunities
- Exceptional ability to develop and manage results-oriented recruiting and training programs
- Measurable experience in managing and growing profitable satisfied accounts and/or relevant account management experience
- Strong mentoring and relationship building skills with ability to effectively manage group and interpersonal conflict situations
- Strong negotiation, interpersonal, written and oral communications skills – including statistical report writing
- Proficiency with contact center technology
- Computer Skills: Microsoft Outlook and Word with advanced Excel skills; CRM experience and CRM skills
- Ability to travel locally and for conferences
Please submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com.