The Finance Division is comprised of the Pledge Processing and Finance areas. Under the direction of the Finance and Audit Committee volunteers and other volunteers it is responsible to maintain proper internal financial controls, to process pledges, cash receipts, cash disbursements, and other financial transactions accordingly, to be a steward of the organization’s assets including cash, investments and fixed assets among others, to maintain necessary insurances, and to perform necessary external reporting including audit, tax, grant, and pension related reports and filings. Internally the division ensures there is adequate financial reporting and analysis to assist the organization in decision making in a customer centric way.
The Manager, Pledge & Payment Processing & QC position: functions as a subject matter expert in the Customer Relationship Management software, ANDAR currently, as it relates to all aspects of entering and managing donor pledge and payment data, supervises a team of three full time staff, with the potential for seasonal staff to assist, who are responsible for the pledge and payment processing in addition to the receipting and billing processes, interacts as a first line customer service representative with donors and resource development staff responsible for providing high-quality customer service, is responsible to manage the ticketing system tool and to assure it is used as designed by department staff to monitor the status of tickets/customer service and to evaluate system data to revise and improve procedures helping with overall department performance, reviews all transfers and adjustments, and ensures Out of Area payments are applied timely and accurately, and) provides back up for other positions in the department when necessary.
- Ensure that all pledge and payment data received is entered into the CRM Software accurately and within a timely manner and that the information is processed in the specified timeframe
- Perform routine audit examinations on randomly selected payment envelopes before they are closed to review entries for accuracy, note any errors, and work with data entry personnel to improve accuracy
- Ensure Out of Area payments are applied correctly and in time for payout processing
- Oversee pledge audit and edit processes to ensure they are done correctly and in a timely manner
- Manage all transfers and adjustments that need to be done in the CRM Software
- Review month-end upload report from credit card processor system and ensure the completion of the transactions upload by month-end
- Oversee the billing and tax receipting processes to ensure the timely and accurate delivery of statements and tax receipts
- Maintain error tracking logs
- Log and assign tickets with questions and complaints and provide accurate and quality customer service and information for all inquiries.
- Train and manage staff to assure that bank deposits are properly transmitted to bank and recorded in CRM sub-ledger daily.
- Train and manage staff to assure that pledges, payments and adjustments are properly recorded in CRM sub-ledger.
- Train and manage staff to assure the processing of national accounts and the associated payout processes.
- Train and manage staff to assure designation processing and distributions.
- Assist in the review and development of processes and systems to ensure work is being completed efficiently and effectively.
- Demonstrate team behavior and promote a team-oriented environment.
- Focus on continual improvement for all processes.
- In coordination with supervisor, assist in developing personal work plan, as well as Growth and Empowerment Plan for self and direct reports each year. Take required actions to achieve the results outlined within the parameters established for self and support direct reports to meet their goals.
- Follow established guidelines for keeping supervisor informed of progress, developments and obtaining approvals.
- Contributes to the overall success of United Way by performing other essential duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Take responsibility for pledge and payment data, and work to improve and maintain data integrity.
- Provide excellent customer service to donors and staff.
- Manage tickets in ticketing system to assure they are processed by appropriate personnel in a timely manner. Notify supervisor of any issues or potential issues preferably before they become external ones, when possible.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Type & Level of Education:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field required (i.e. Business, Accounting)
Technical or Other Abilities:
- Knowledge of CRM systems customer and accounting related functions
- Knowledge of Andar donor database preferred
- Knowledge of use and operation of standard office equipment and 10-key, at a level generally acquired through 1+ years’ related experience.
- Computer proficiency in Windows environment; Software literate: MS Office Suite: Outlook, Word, Excel – basic proficiency required; Advanced proficiency in Excel and Word preferred
- Minimum of three years’ experience in customer service roles with an emphasis on maintaining moderately complex data.
- Financial background and managerial experience preferred
Specific Skills & Attitudes:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the United Way, its philosophy, and its goals
- High degree of personal integrity and ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability & flexibility to multi-task w/ high work volume and to meet deadlines and manage projects effectively
- High level of attention to detail and concern for accuracy in reporting, in composing, typing, and proofing, and in establishing priorities and meeting deadlines
- Advanced interpersonal, customer service and problem resolution skills utilizing poise, tact and diplomacy on phone and in person
- Ability to work independently and within teams
- Ability to analyze data and to focus on the continuous improvement of products, services and processes
- Good knowledge of business and an excellent command of the English language
Please submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.