Perform duties involved in the day-to-day functions of the Human Resources Department to support the organization, primarily in the areas of recruiting, on-boarding, employee events, and employee relations. Gather and track data on leaves of absence, turnover, recruiting, and other metrics. Foster a workplace environment consistent with the values and mission outlined by the leadership of organization.
- Post positions to be filled, forwards resumes to hiring manager for review.
- Enhance recruiting capability by sourcing recruiting options and attending job fairs.
- Responsible for preparation of offer letter and employment packages.
- Under the guidance of the Director of Human Resources, participate in employee relations investigations and make recommendations on resolution.
- Maintain FMLA records, applicant tracking reports, turnover, retention, and other HR-related metrics as directed. Produce reports on scheduled basis.
- Participate in performance management program by ensuring participant information is accurate, assisting employees and supervisors as requested.
- Review position descriptions and make content suggestions.
- In coordination with Benefits Specialist, ensure new employees are on-boarded.
- Plan, coordinate and evaluate employee retention activities.
- Serve as back-up for benefit and payroll information and processes.
- Complete special projects: Assist in the communication of new policies, audit files.
- Contributes to the overall success of United Way by performing other essential duties as requested.
Recruitment & On-boarding
- Ensure positions are posted internally and externally in a timely manner. Develop long-term relationships with organizations and individuals that will enhance the talent pipeline flow toward the organization. Arrange for approved temporary help.
- Conduct new employee on-boarding to welcome and integrate new staff into the culture (with emphasis on mission and values).
Employee Relations & Engagement
- Under the guidance of the Director of Human Resources, participate in employee engagement and retention efforts including conducting engagement surveys, wellness efforts, social events (Administrative Professional week, Employee Appreciation Week, and Holiday Party), and leading recognition efforts.
- Under the guidance of the Director of Human Resources, may conduct investigations in and make recommendations on simple employee relations issues.
Tracking and Metrics:
- Track FMLA, provide employees with FMLA paperwork.
- Track recruiting effectiveness data, retention data, and other metrics.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Organizational Psychology or Human Resources Management and 1-3 years of experience in human resources.
- Previous generalist, employee relations, or recruiting experience preferred. Benefits or payroll experience helpful.
- Ability to plan and coordinate many projects simultaneously and manage a high volume of work
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and interpersonal skills, including ability to resolve disputes and observe confidentiality and handle difficult situations with mature attitude and judgement.
- Computer proficiency in Windows environment; Computer literate: MS Office Suite: Outlook, Word, Excel – basic proficiency required; Advanced proficiency in Excel and Word preferred.
- Ability to learn new software as needed, e.g. HRIS database.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the United Way, its philosophy, and its goals.
- Must have high level of attention to detail; concern for accuracy
- Advanced customer service and problem resolution skills
- Requires flexibility and ability to adapt to demands on time.
- Self-starter; demonstrated ability to work independently and within teams, meet deadlines and manage projects effectively.
- High levels of initiative, proactive planning, intelligence, ability to multi-task, resourcefulness, creativity/innovation and responsiveness required.
- Ability to work with general direction, in collaborative approach – on both strategic and operational levels.
- Absolute confidentiality and integrity required.
- Work requires an extensive knowledge of business and an excellent command of the English language
- Position continually requires demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy
- Analytical ability is required in order to gather and summarize data for reports, find solutions to various administrative problems and prioritize work
- Must be able to handle difficult situations with mature attitude and judgment
- Must be able to work accurately under pressure
Please submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.