Performs assigned duties related to conference center management and upkeep as well as light cleaning. Specific duties include but are not limited to: Coordination with internal and external groups using conference rooms, beverage management for conference facilities, arrangement and set-up for meeting rooms, assistance during meetings with technology in conference rooms, organize and maintain storage areas, spot cleaning all areas of facility as needed during the day to supplement contracted evening cleaning. This position may provide occasional services at regional offices.
- Coordinating and assisting with meetings of internal and external groups.
- Preparing building and conference rooms for meetings including setting up and taking down tables and chairs.
- Assisting with conference room technical support of computer, projector, screens, microphones and phone system.
- Maintaining inventory of supplies and equipment associated with conference center.
- Interacting with all levels of employees who are using conference rooms.
- Maintaining/stocking conference center supplies – soda, supplies for coffee stations, mugs and other supplies needed in conference rooms, soap and paper products in restrooms.
- Create inventory restocking orders for supervisor approval.
- Opening/closing and securing building and facilities each business day as scheduled.
- Maintaining of storage areas, arranging surplus inventory, file boxes, equipment and supplies in a logical easily accessible fashion. Assist with inventory and tagging of fixed assets.
- Upkeep of breakrooms and rest rooms as needed.
- Delivery of packages and boxes to employees within the building as well as assisting employees with bringing in and taking out large packages.
- May serve as front desk receptionist on occasion.
- Assuming key responsibility for general appearance, cleanliness of building as a supplement to contracted nighttime cleaning.
- Contribute to the overall success of the United Way by performing other essential duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Responsible for ensuring our conference center and other facility meeting rooms are clean, stocked, and prepared all meeting attendants, visitors, staff and volunteers utilizing the space, as well as, assisting with any needs related to use of the conference center.
- Help to develop and implement a proactive approach to services department, especially when it comes to the conference center and the cleanliness of the building.
- Provide excellent customer service and positive experience to those utilizing our facility.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must have knowledge of use and operation of standard office equipment at a level generally acquired through 1+ years related experience.
- Must have high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations.
- Position continually requires demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy.
- Some analytical ability is required to gather and summarize data for reports, find solutions to various administrative problems and prioritize work.
- Work requires continual attention to detail including establishing priorities and meeting deadlines.
- Must be able to handle difficult situations with mature attitude and judgement.
- Must have pleasant, professional, and helpful attitude.
- Must be able to work accurately under pressure.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Capable of managing multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to effectively establish job priorities, requests for assistance, and demands for time.
- Desire to provide assistance and services to departments and staff members.
While performing the duties of the job, employee is required to regularly use hands, frequently required to stand, walk, sit, reach, climb, stoop, kneel, crouch, speak and listen. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Some physical demands are moving boxes and furniture. Specific visual abilities required include close vision, distance vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus. Unusual working hours may be necessary to accommodate hours of operation. Building is opened at 7:00 a.m. and closed at 5:00 p.m. during the workweek. Working in dusty, poorly lighted and ventilated storage areas is a requirement. Operating a pallet jack is a preferred skill. Contact with vendors, delivery persons, volunteers and all staff members necessitate skills in building effective relationships. Must have valid driver’s license and reliable transportation or access to reliable and available transportation.
Submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.