The Events and Marketing Coordinator works under the direction of the Director of Communications and Public Relations within the Marketing Department to provide event support, planning, management, and execution for external organizational events, often focused on fundraising and donor and volunteer engagement.
- Provide support for event logistics, including but not limited to venue, seating, food and beverage, entertainment, photography, processing invoices and vendor payments
- Responsible for invite process (submitting request, setting up registration, mailing lists, quality control, etc.), and collaborating with Event Marketing Manager and other Marketing team members on event promotion
- Writing and editing email and social copy for event promotion
- Attend all fundraising and donor engagement events in their entirety, serving as registration point person and providing other day-of event support
- Support Marketing team with daily tasks, including but not limited to developing PowerPoints, creating and printing meeting materials, etc.
- Contribute to the overall success of United Way by performing other essential duties and responsibilities as assigned to the position
- Ability to perform other event and marketing duties, such as taking photographs, assisting guests, solving immediate issues, writing solicitations
- Contributes to the overall success of United Way by performing other essential duties as requested.
- Collaborate with Event Marketing Manager and Individual Giving team to ensure all fundraising and donor engagement events meet or exceed set expectations
- Collaborate with the Marketing team to promote the United Way brand to key stakeholders and donors
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- A minimum of one to two years’ experience providing event planning and coordination support, preferably as part of a marketing department.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in job-related area and previous related experience required.
PLANNING AND DETAILS
- Understanding of event processes and success metrics
- Time management skills and ability to prioritize a large volume of tasks
- Ability to follow processes and track metrics
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage more than one project at a time
- Must be able to maintain professionalism and a positive demeanor when forward-facing with volunteers, donors and other stakeholders
- Capable of working with internal and external teams and partners collaboratively
WRITING AND EDITING
- Superior writing skills
- Ability to write for social media outlets with an understanding of how to format messaging for major current social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram)
- Proficient in Microsoft Word
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel with abilities to sort, sum, add columns, and PowerPoint
- Proficient in Microsoft Powerpoint with abilities to create error-free presentations within United Way’s brand guidelines
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook
- Ability to use programs such as Eventbrite, Canva, and FormAssembly
OTHER DESIRED SKILLS
- Ability to adapt and keep current in a rapidly changing and organic environment
- Ability to work autonomously and take direction as needed
- Demonstrated ability to maintain high-level and consistent work ethic in all assigned duties
Please submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Abby Downs serves as Digital Marketing Specialist at United Way of Greater St. Louis.