By bringing people and organizations together to solve our region’s most pressing issues, United Way of Greater St. Louis is making our community a better place to live, work, and thrive. It’s more than a day job – it’s a mission! Come work with us!
The West Region Director is responsible for the implementation of the United Way of Greater St. Louis mission and strategy in the West St. Louis, St. Charles, Lincoln and Warren Counties. This position is responsible for fundraising, fostering and maintaining positive, engaging relationships with corporate partners, auxiliary board members, and community stakeholders.
This position includes
- Prospecting and conducting outreach to secure campaign and corporate community impact program support of new non-partner corporations.
- Managing existing partner corporations, personal giving from individuals, and the analysis and evaluation of strengths and weaknesses of past workplace and leadership giving campaigns.
- Implementing leadership giving activities in coordination with other resource development departments at United Way and within defined organizational strategies.
- Engage the Auxiliary Board of Directors, develop the annual region operating budget and the day-to-day management and operation to ensure performance within the approved budget.
- The Director may on occasion retain responsibilities in the identification, recruitment, orientation and training of volunteers and staff as needed.
- Compile research data and prepare statistical reports and analysis as necessary. Responsible for accuracy of data maintained in computer/files, as well as for reviewing other fundraising and campaign programs while participating in the development of new or modified techniques for United Way’s use.
- Serve the organization as an advisor on matters pertaining to the West Region, communicating the needs and assets, issues and civic opportunities in organizations and initiatives based in the West Region to other departments of the organization.
If you have a Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 5 years relevant experience including 2-4 years of experience in leading a team; have prior fundraising or sales experience with a background in a community organization and/or social services; have a demonstrated ability to lead and manage a team; bring knowledge and familiarity with political, social, and economic environment of the geographical area and an ability to work with diverse populations and are proficient in using Microsoft Excel and Word to produce professional reports and documents, we want to hear from you!!
United Way of Greater St. Louis supports employees working remotely 2 days per week. We offer an extensive benefit program including generous time off, health, dental, and vision insurance, short- and long-term disability, and a 403(b) plan.
To apply, please submit your resume and/or cover letter to Careers@stl.unitedway.org
Employment is contingent upon passing a background check and screening for illegal drug use.
United Way of Greater St. Louis is an Equal Opportunity Employer.