By bringing people and organizations together to solve our region’s most pressing issues, United Way of Greater St. Louis is making our community a better place to live, work, and thrive. It’s more than a day job. It’s a mission. Come work with us!
The Resource Development division is responsible for raising the funds necessary for United Way of Greater St. Louis to meet its mission of helping people live their best possible lives. All Resource Development team members are committed to providing high-quality prospecting, cultivating, service delivery and stewardship of donors to make their giving easy, impactful and personally meaningful.
Serving as an internal service-providing partner, the Database Manager plays an essential role in the division’s efforts through the effective and efficient implementation of established processes for research and data entry, export, reporting, management and analysis for organizations and individual donors and services.
- Maintain and update donor database, ensuring accurate information is reflected for both organizations and individuals who donate to United Way
- Develop and maintain standard and custom queries to extract data from existing databases, ensuring consistent application or organization-wide data quality and use processes and policies
- Compile database and research data and prepare analysis and reports, to include daily, weekly and specialized reports needed for annual campaign, as required.
- Lead database maintenance and quality improvement through regular updates, trouble shooting, merging accounts, and identifying data elements that require annual review and updates.
- Ensure consistent implementation, and recommend improvements of up-to-date policies and processes for areas of responsibility.
- Research assigned donor prospects and maintain up-to-date donor profiles for use in retention, engagement and increased giving.
- Establish positive relationships with related internal partners, providing accurate and quality customer service and information to external clients and stakeholders for all inquiries.
KSA (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- Associates degree in business, sales, communications, or nonprofit management; or equivalent in job-related areas
- Minimum of 3 years of experience working in database administration and management functions (collection, analysis, communication, distribution, etc.)
- Skilled in Microsoft Office applications and demonstrated ability to learn new technology applications. Experience in CRM software, Salesforce and data analysis applications preferred
- Demonstrated ability to gather and summarize data for use in planning, service delivery and continuous quality improvement efforts
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills projecting and maintaining professionalism
- Ability to efficiently and accurately work under time and performance pressure, managing multiple projects and prioritizing tasks in a matrixed organization structure
- Demonstrated commitment to meeting the both expressed and unmet needs of internal and external clients
- Works well independently and within teams as a member and/or leader
To apply, please submit your resume and/or cover letter to Careers@stl.unitedway.org.
Employment is contingent upon passing a screening for illegal drug use.
Due to the COVID-19 situation, employees may work from a remote location or the office. In the future, employees may work remotely up to two days per week.
United Way of Greater St. Louis is an Equal Opportunity Employer.