By bringing people and organizations together to solve our region’s most pressing issues, United Way of Greater St. Louis is making our community a better place to live, work, and thrive. It’s more than a day job. It’s a mission. Come work with us!
The Resource Development division is responsible for raising funds necessary for United Way of Greater St. Louis to meet its mission of helping people live their best possible lives. All Resource Development team members are committed to providing high-quality prospecting, cultivating, service delivery and donor stewardship to make their giving easy, impactful and personally meaningful.
The Corporate Campaign Accounts Manager plays an essential role in the division’s efforts through the effective and efficient management of volunteers and part-time seasonal staff. This position plays a role in the implementation of year-round engagement processes for a portfolio of organization donors, with a strong focus on United Way Community Campaign and the Divisions that are associated with that campaign.
- Responsible for implementing the action plan for the United Way Community Campaign and year-round engagement and service delivery to deepen United Way’s relationship with an assigned portfolio of donors.
- Oversee, directly supervise, and guide teams of Campaign Representatives (part-time seasonal employees).
- Participate in the identification, recruitment, orientation and training of all levels of volunteers.
- Manage assigned volunteers and cabinets, assist with goal setting and ensure accurate reporting for projected and actual progress to goal.
- Review and finalize donor data and progress reports, ensuring accuracy and comprehensiveness.
- Establish positive relationships with related internal partners, corporate, charitable, civic, community and government organizations, providing accurate and quality customer service and information to external clients and stakeholders for all inquiries.
- Attend all appropriate events, providing day-of and follow-up assistance as required.
- Participate in annual action planning, including the development of donor segmentation, research and engagement planning to increase retention and annual giving and the development of processes to ensure collaboration, integration and alignment of Resource Development teams and shared service partners across United Way.
- Ensure consistent implementation and recommend improvements of up-to-date policies and processes for areas of responsibility.
- Continually research and share opportunities, best practices, trends and benchmark data to inform United Way and its efforts to attract, retain and engage donors.
- Actively participate in identified opportunities for professional growth, including supervisory and team meetings, trainings, and organization-wide events.
- Contribute to the overall success of United Way by performing other essential duties and responsibilities as assigned.
KSA (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
- Bachelor’s degree in business, sales, communications, or nonprofit management; or equivalent, in job-related areas is required
- 1-2 years of experience in sales or fundraising
- Specific knowledge of best practices in donor service delivery, engagement and retention
- Experience working with corporations to meet their community and employee engagement needs
- Demonstrated ability to gather, analyze and summarize data for use in planning, service delivery and continuous quality improvement efforts
- Strong strategic, analytical and critical thinking skills with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Team-oriented with a commitment to fostering strong, productive, working relationships with all staff, volunteers, and the overall community
- Ability to efficiently and accurately work under time and performance pressure
- Demonstrated commitment to meeting both the expressed and unmet needs of internal and external clients
- Demonstrated decision-making ability based on excellent judgment applied within the context of operating policies and processes and organizational values
- Work well independently and within teams as a member and/or leader
- High level of integrity with demonstrated ability to exercise tact and good judgment
- Ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize tasks in a matrixed organization structure
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and demonstrated ability to learn new technology applications
To apply, please submit your resume and/or cover letter to Careers@stl.unitedway.org.
Employment is contingent upon passing a screening for illegal drug use.
Due to the COVID-19 situation, employees may work from a remote location or the office. In the future, employees may work remotely up to two days per week.
United Way of Greater St. Louis is an Equal Opportunity Employer.