By bringing people and organizations together to solve our region’s most pressing issues, United Way of Greater St. Louis is making our community a better place to live, work, and thrive. It’s more than a day job – it’s a mission! Come work with us!
The Resource Generation division is responsible for raising the funds necessary for United Way of Greater St. Louis to meet its mission of helping people live their best possible lives. All Resource Generation team members are committed to providing high quality prospecting, cultivating, service delivery and stewardship of donors to make their giving easy, impactful, and personally meaningful.
The Corporate Accounts Manager – Company Specific, works with a large corporate account to run and manage their United Way campaign. The role will be housed at the company for six months out of the year, and at United Way for the other six months. This role is responsible for relationships at Bayer, as well as the implementation of year-round engagement process for said corporate donor.
Corporate Accounts Manager, Company Specific, will:
- Establish positive relationships with related internal partners, corporate, charitable, civic, community and government organizations, providing accurate and quality customer service and information to external clients and stakeholders for all inquiries
- Work closely with, provide detailed guidance to, and participate in United Way campaign events by reviewing with events chairs and sub-committee leads to determine event planning, registration, and budget needs
- Participate in the identification, recruitment, orientation, and training of all levels of volunteers to include working with the canvasser team Leads to secure and train approximately 300 campaign captains/canvassers
- Prepare for and participate in meetings of executive briefings of co-chairs, core team, canvasser, events, auction, and critical sub-committees
- Collaborate with a marketing/communications team to develop communication pieces, including handouts, flyers, banners, letters, and posters. Distribute as appropriate.
- Monitor the receipt of money for special events, deposit in United Way account, and report to <Company> campaign auditor
- Manage assigned volunteers and society cabinets, assisting with goal setting and monitoring reports for actual and projected progress to goal
- Review and finalize donor data, progress reports, and mailing lists, ensuring accuracy and comprehensiveness
- Continually research and share opportunities, best practices, trends, and benchmark data to inform United Way and its efforts to attract, retain and engage donors
- Have Bachelor’s degree in one of the following: business, sales, communications, or nonprofit management with one to two (1-2) years of experience in sales or fundraising required
- Demonstrated ability to gather, analyze and summarize data for use in planning, service delivery and continuous quality improvement efforts
- Be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and demonstrated ability to learn new technology applications
- Exhibit strategic, analytical, and critical thinking skills with intermediate or above excel skills and excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work under time and performance pressure efficiently and accurately
- High level of integrity with demonstrated ability to exercise confidentiality, tact, and good judgment
- Ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize tasks in a matrixed organization structure
Due to the pandemic, United Way of Greater St. Louis supports employees working from home or remote offices until further notice. Some in person meetings and events may still be conducted.
To apply, please submit your resume and/or cover letter to Careers@stl.unitedway.org
Employment is contingent upon passing a background check and screening for illegal drug use.
United Way of Greater St. Louis is an Equal Opportunity Employer.