By bringing people and organizations together to solve our region’s most pressing issues, United Way of Greater St. Louis is making our community a better place to live, work, and thrive. It’s more than a day job – it’s a mission! Come work with us!
The Major Gifts department is responsible for raising funds through individual donor engagement and donor societies, which are necessary for United Way of Greater St. Louis to meet its mission of helping people live their best possible lives. Leadership Giving Societies are a key function of United Way’s engagement efforts. More than 7,000 local people contribute $1,000 or more as a Leadership Giving Society member. There are five Leadership Giving Societies: Women’s Leadership Society, Men’s Leadership Society, Charmaine Chapman Society, Multicultural Leadership Society, and United Young Leaders.
The individual in the role of Administrative Coordinator is a central position in the Leadership Giving department, serving each Leadership Giving Society through effective and efficient completion and continuous improvement of assigned tasks for administration, operations, and support processes. This position will work closely with the Leadership Giving team, comprised of two Relationship Managers and the Director of Leadership Giving.
This position includes
- Providing administrative support for each of the Leadership Giving Societies and their relationship managers: manage general email inbox, merge templated emails, process invoices and check requests, and provide backup for other coordinators as needed
- Providing event support for department activities, such as kickoffs, networking events, meetings, volunteer projects, etc. Tasks include researching venues, securing contracts, paying invoices, finalizing F&B orders, managing RSVP lists, conducting event registration, ensuring attendee data is tracked in database (Andar), creating nametags, assisting with event implementation and post-event reconciliation, etc.
- Navigating and maintaining an accurate database/CRM tool (Andar).
- Managing processes tied to donor pledges
- Reviewing and recommending improvements to processes associated with areas of responsibility.
- Continually researching and sharing opportunities, best practices, trends, and benchmark data to inform United Way and its efforts to attract, retain and engage donors
- Actively participate in identified opportunities for professional growth, including supervisory and team meetings, trainings, and organization-wide events
- Establishing positive relationships with related internal partners, corporate, charitable, civic, community and government organizations, providing accurate and quality customer service and information to external clients and stakeholders for all inquiries
If you have two to three years of relevant administrative experience with a high school diploma/GED (required), or an Associate’s degree (preferred), excellent customer service within and outside an organization, are proficient in MS Office applications (especially Excel) and a demonstrated transferrable skills to learn new databases and can work collaboratively with a wide range of stakeholders, while able to organize and manage multiple projects, prioritizing tasks in a matrixed organization structure as well as have availability for non-traditional hours (some evenings needed) – we want to hear from you!
Due to the pandemic, United Way of Greater St. Louis supports employees working from home and will return to the office for a hybrid schedule in the Spring of 2022 or until further notice.
United Way of Greater St. Louis offers an extensive benefit program including generous time off, health, dental, and vision insurance, short- and long-term disability, and a 403(b) plan.
To apply, please submit your resume and/or cover letter to Careers@stl.unitedway.org
Employment is contingent upon passing a background check and screening for illegal drug use.
United Way of Greater St. Louis is an Equal Opportunity Employer.