Administrative Coordinator, Finance
By bringing people and organizations together to solve our region’s most pressing issues, United Way of Greater St. Louis is making our community a better place to live, work, and thrive. It’s more than a day job – it’s a mission! Come work with us!
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including 12 days of vacation earned over the first 12 months of employment, sick pay, 10 company holidays, 5 1/2 flexible/personal holidays, 3 volunteer days, parental leave, health, dental, vision and life insurance, short term disability, long term disability, and a 403(b) with an organization match and 3-year vesting schedule.
The Finance Division is responsible for proper maintenance of internal financial controls, to process pledges, cash receipts, cash disbursements, and other financial transactions accordingly. Internally, the division ensures there is adequate financial reporting and analysis to assist the organization in decision making.
The position is responsible for multiple administrative processes including registering report envelopes into the CRM system (ANDAR), providing a data control to ensure the envelope information gets into the system accurately, generating reports for cash auditors, monthly statement generation, monthly tax receipting, production of manual statement and tax receipts as necessary, reconciling the suspense account and customer service to donors and internal staff as it pertains to their responsibilities. Maintaining confidentiality of records is extremely important.
- Register campaign envelopes into the CRM software (ANDAR).
- Generate monthly statements and tax receipts for Corporate, Payroll and Individual accounts.
- Research any returned statements and tax receipts and make corrections necessary for the statements and receipts to reach the intended destinations.
- Reconcile the suspense account.
- Assist in collection efforts, in conjunction with supervisor and Resource Development staff.
- Provides coverage for the Accounts Receivable Coordinators as necessary.
- Review select reports to verify accuracy.
- Submit transfers and adjustments as necessary to ensure the correct application of pledges and payments.
- Review and resolve requests submitted through the ticketing system as assigned.
- Oversee appropriate retention of all paper records stored within the department and the correct organization of those items.
- Occasionally provide backup to organization’s receptionist as needed.
- Follow established guidelines for keeping supervisor informed of progress, developments and obtaining approvals.
- Other duties as assigned.
- • Responsible for the initial recording of company and individual campaign results received for processing, and for maintaining the organization of records within the Pledge Processing Department.
- Generates the billing statements and tax receipts on a monthly basis.
- Constantly focuses on the continuous improvement of products, services and processes.
- Contribute to the timely and accurate completion of group tasks where assigned while promoting a positive team environment through actions and behaviors.
- Manages and responds to customers’ needs in a manner that provides added value and generates significant customer satisfaction.
KSA (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities):
Technical or Other Abilities:
- Knowledge and operation of standard office equipment, at a level generally acquired through 1+ years’ related experience.
- Typing 30 wpm; high mathematical aptitude.
- Computer proficiency in Windows environment; Software literate: MS Office Suite: Outlook, Word, Excel – basic proficiency required;
- Minimum one year related experience. Bookkeeping experience preferred, but not required.
Specific Skills & Attitudes:
- A demonstrated understanding of United Way, its philosophy, and its goals.
- High degree of personal integrity and ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Knowledge of business and an excellent command of the English language.
- Self-starter with demonstrated ability to work independently and within teams, meet deadlines and manage projects effectively.
- Able to work accurately under pressure to complete multiple tasks and a high volume of work according to established methods with attention to detail and accuracy while meeting deadlines.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills to provide good customer and problem resolution services.
Type & Level of Education:
- High school diploma or GED (General Equivalency Diploma) equivalent. Some college, bookkeeping or accounting courses preferred
United Way of Greater St. Louis supports employees working remotely 2 days per week. We offer an extensive benefit program including generous time off, health, dental, and vision insurance, short- and long-term disability, and a 403(b) plan.
To apply, please submit your resume and/or cover letter to Careers@stl.unitedway.org
Employment is contingent upon passing a screening for illegal drug use
United Way of Greater St. Louis is an Equal Opportunity Employer