For the past four years, United Way of Greater St. Louis (United Way), with support from Citi and the Citi Foundation, has piloted the ASSET program with Head Start and early childhood center agencies. The ASSET program is a financial empowerment program for parents of young children.
United Way is now seeking applications for new and returning grant partners that have the capacity and desire to implement this financial empowerment program, with additional funding provided from Stifel Bank.
Nonprofit organizations that serve low-income families with children in the St. Louis Metro Area, including social service agencies, Head Starts, and/or non-profit child care centers, are eligible to apply. See additional eligibility requirements below. Phase 1 of the program must be completed by December 31, 2018.
How to Apply:
1. Agencies interested in applying for funds must complete the application on pages 4-5 of this document and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, July 2, 2018 at 5pm.
2. Agencies that are not United Way member agencies must also attach the following documentation with the application:
- Current Proof of 501(c)(3) Status
- Current Federal Form 990
- Most current Audit Report including auditor opinion, comments, etc.
- Most current Management Letters prepared by independent auditor
- Agency policy for background checks, including child abuse and neglect screenings
- Agency policy on compliance with USA Patriot Act and other counterterrorism laws
- Board of Directors Roster
3. Grants are for $5,000.00. A budget and budget narrative must be completed in section 3 of the application. Funds are to be used to deliver the ASSET program to low-income families with children at a social service agency, Head Start, and/or non-profit child care center, in St. Louis City, St. Louis County, Jefferson County or St. Charles County.
4. Applications should be single-spaced and not exceed 6 pages in length, excluding the following two pages of this document.
5. For questions, please contact Ingrid Deetz at email@example.com or 314-539-4157. Additionally, a grant informational meeting will be held June 11th from 1:30-3:00pm at the United Way office (910 N. 11th Street, St. Louis, MO 63101).