By bringing people and organizations together to solve our region’s most pressing issues, United Way of Greater St. Louis is making our community a better place to live, work, and thrive. It’s more than a day job – it’s a mission! Come work with us!
The Housing Plus Operations and Program Manager is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the 2-1-1 Housing Plus program. In this role, the candidate will manage a team of 2-1-1 Housing Plus Navigators that takes calls from the Greater St. Louis area seeking shelter and other sources of housing support. In this role, the incumbent is responsible for establishing, maintaining, and elevating relationships with government representatives, homeless service providers, volunteers, etc. The Housing Plus Operations and Program Manager will report monthly and quarterly on grants, monitor funding proposal due dates and timelines while partnering with leadership to complete and deliver outcomes.
Program hours are currently Mon-Fri 7:30am to 5:00pm consisting of two team members and two shifts. However, this is likely to change to nearly a 24-hour operation that will begin before the end of 2022 with an additional five or more team members.
This position includes
- Managing daily operations that include scheduling, coordinating with 2-1-1‘s Program Manager and Director for staffing shortages.
- Developing processes and procedures for any after hour support functions.
- Serving as a liaison with shelter directors/leaders regarding shelter referrals staying apprised of developments or changes in local homeless and prevention services in the region.
- Representing the program at internal and external meetings, coalitions etc., specifically in required Continuum of Care meetings and subcommittee meetings.
- Providing timely updates and training to 2-1-1 Navigation Center and Community Partnership team related to homeless services and resources, processes and call workflow updates, and database updates.
- Providing timely and accurate responses to City and County requests for information and action.
- Overseeing quality assurance related activities including client file management and customer service experience.
- Acting as liaison between the program and the Homeless Management Information System provider, working with them to create reports, train new team members, schedule audits, etc.
KSA (Knowledge, Skills & Ability)
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree (preferred) in human services, social work, or related field.
- Minimum of two years of supervisory experience.
- Two or more years working in a social service field, preference for those who have worked in homeless services.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and willingness to pitch in to help the team.
- Must have a high level of attention to detail and concern for accuracy.
- Self-starter with demonstrated ability to work independently and within teams, meet deadlines, and manage projects effectively.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Empathetic listening skills and high aptitude for problem-solving.
- Must be able to handle difficult situations with mature attitude, judgement, poise, tact, and diplomacy.
- May require non-traditional work hours to fill in on occasion.
United Way of Greater St. Louis supports employees working remotely 2 days per week. We offer an extensive benefit program including generous time off, health, dental, and vision insurance, short- and long-term disability, and a 403(b) plan.
To apply, please submit your resume and/or cover letter to Careers@stl.unitedway.org
Employment is contingent upon passing a background check and screening for illegal drug use.
United Way of Greater St. Louis is an Equal Opportunity Employer.